Preparing for Your Appointment
You will need to contact your insurance provider for verification of benefits, deductibles and confirmation that Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is a provider of mammogram services on your plan. Many insurance companies require at least 11 months to have passed between screening mammograms. If you are not sure of the date of your last mammogram, you may call us to ask for this date. Your insurance company may have our services listed under Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Synergy Radiology Associates or Clear Lake Pathology Partners Ltd
Screening mammogram: 1 hour
Diagnostic mammogram with possible ultrasound/radiologist consultation: 2-3 hours
Here are a few tips to make your mammogram appointment go more smoothly:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow for registration.
- Wear a two-piece outfit and be prepared to remove your top and bra. The robe you will wear covers you from the hips up.
- Do not wear jewelry, deodorant, powder or perfume. These substances can cause a shadow on the film. You are welcome to bring these items with you and apply them after your exam is over.
- Please bring your insurance card, insurance referral (if required), personal identification (such as a driver’s license) and physician order, and any previous films or reports from other facilities.
- You may ask for the Bella Blanket to increase your comfort during a mammogram.
If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call us at any of the following phone numbers:
Breast Center: (281)526-6840