Babies don’t arrive with a training manual, but Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is here to help. We offer a wide array of classes for new and expecting parents. Classes are taught by registered nurses, childbirth educators, and certified instructors.
Covers labor, birth, hospital practices, induction, medications, cesarean sections, breastfeeding, postpartum, relaxation, and massage
- One-day Saturday Blitz - $90 per couple (except holidays)
- Four-week Series - $90 per couple (except holidays)
- Six-week Series - $120 per couple (except holidays)
- Includes hospital tour, book, and written materials
- Covers infant care, growth, safety, communications, and development
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (except holidays)
- $35 per couple
- American Heart Association material
- Hands-on class covers CPR and obstructed airway
- Evening and Saturday classes available (except holidays)
- $30 per couple
- Geared to children ages 3-8
- Covers the basics of holding, diapering, and safety
- Includes hospital tour
- $15 for one child; $10 each additional child
Bay Area Mothers of Multiples
- Support “sister” for advice and encouragement throughout pregnancy
- Post-delivery assistance and support
- Monthly meetings at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. the third Thursday of each month (except holidays)
- Regular social events
Free, adults-only hospital tours are available most Saturdays at noon. Registration is required.
It’s best to complete any classes by the 36th week of pregnancy. Registration before the 24th week of pregnancy will help secure the classes of your choice. Register online, or please call 281-332-2229 or 409-938-5666.