The Clear Lake Regional Medical Center Child Life Department focuses on the optimal development and well being of infants, children and adolescents while promoting healthy coping skills and minimizing adverse effects of hospitalization, health care or other potentially stressful life events. Child Life Specialists collaborate as a member of the interdisciplinary team to develop and administer an individualized plan of care. Embracing the value of play as a healing modality, Child Life Specialists help normalize the hospital environment by providing play opportunities in all areas of the hospital.
Child Life Services include:
- Minimize stress and anxiety through therapeutic and recreational play opportunities
- Advocate for patient and family-centered care
- Provide preparation and support for children undergoing surgeries and other medical procedures.
- Provide support for siblings or any other children who may become affected by a child’s illness or trauma.
- Coordinate entertaining special events and activities for children and families.
- Provide education and resources for parents and members of the interdisciplinary team
For more information or to request services, please ask your nurse or contact the Child Life Department at 281-525-8824